The Abraham J. & Phyllis Katz Foundation seeks to fulfill the wishes of its founders by providing support for organizations that provide innovations in medicine, increase access to music and performance and lend support to those with chronic illness or other life challenges.
The Foundation makes grants in the following focus areas:
- Advances in Medicine - Organizations that provide innovative advances in medical research related to illness, disease or wellness.
- Life Enhancement - Organizations that enhance the quality of life for those inflicted with illness,or facing other life challenges, to help bring enjoyment or assistance to their lives.
- Music - Organizations that create opportunities for the discovery and development of emerging musicians and community access to concert performance.
Small Grants Program
The Small Grants Program seeks to support programs that motivate and support youth to develop the skills and interests necessary to achieve their lifelong goals.
Nonprofits may apply for grants of up to $10,000 annually, per activity site, to support programming in one of the following areas:
- Community Gardens and Green Space Projects
- Mentoring or Apprenticeship
- Prevention of Bullying and Promotion of Understanding
- Social and Emotional Development
- Visual and Performing Arts
The Small Grants Program is limited to organizations located in the Georgia counties of Fayette and Coweta and the City of Atlanta.